Thursday, July 26, 2012

Forte's Passion for Painting

Painting is Forte's passion; however, the road to this exhibit has been direct nor readily foreseeable. A Columbia graduate with a Harvard Law degree, Robert Forte has had a successful and very busy career in law, but he has also studied art. He attended the Art Students League and a variety of painting workshops over the years. "Indeed it was not that long ago that I was hard at work briefing a major case before the US Supreme Court? In other words, I practiced law, a life far removed from the life of a painter. The artistic 'seed,' however, was planted at a very early age, when I literally drew everything in site. I grew up on (for those who remember), Jon Gnagy's TV art lessons and, subsequently, attended the High School of Music and Art in New York City. Toward the end of my legal career, I decided to cultivate that dormant seed. In the intervening years, I met and studied with two New York artists, Minerva Durham and Cornelia Foss, each supreme in her craft-Durham's wizardry drawing the figure and Foss's incomparably beautiful paintings. These artists formed the foundation of my art." Now living and painting in his studio in New Marlborough, Forte has a new life devoted to painting. This post is reprinted from The Artful Mind

1 comment:

  1. Nice and thanks. You need to know hand-painted oil painting - Amazing museum quality oil paintings

    ReplyDelete